Sunday, April 5, 2009

what a wonderful weekend

This weekend was amazing, action packed and I'm exhausted. I requested this Saturday off work so that Danny and I could take a road trip to Karschner Caverns (bat caves south of Tucson). We left around 10:30 and arrived in Tucson around 12. It was then that we decided to go to the caverns another trip...there was only a limited number of tickets avail, last tour at 2:10, and our tummy's growling for food. We took this opportunity to go eat at Loving Spoonfuls and meet up with Jenn, Skylar and Jaxon. The food was amazing, I had a BLT (faux bacon of course) and minestrone soup. From there we spent the rest of the evening around Tucson having fun (and getting a pedi with Jenn). We got back to Danny's house around 1:30am....slept for 5 hours and got up to go to the Tempe bike swap. I was so tired but excited to find a bike for my birthday (Danny's gift to me because he's a sweetie). After much searching I found her, a little rusty and neglected, but in almost perfect shape. Danny's spending the next few weeks getting her perfect for my bday and I couldn't be happier :)
Danny the totally safe driver!
classic car shot
At the pedi salon

Jaxon, Jenn and Skylar

With the pies*
*side note: this picture is so classic Dan and Jan. Here's how the conversation went:
Jan: Let's take a picture infront of these pies!
Dan: No, i'm tired
Jan: Come on, it will be fun!
Dan: You're ridiculous
Jan: smile...click!

5 comments:

  1. yay! sounds like a great weekend. i love lovin spoonfuls. there veggie/lentil burger thing is soo good.

    question- what is the tempe bike swap?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once a year bike shops and everyday joe's go to Tempe Kiwanis park and have a bike sale/swap. It's pretty much like a flea market for bikes and parts. I missed it last year so I was so happy to go this time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! Sounds awesome! Congrats on getting a new bike :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I can't wait until it's painted and perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the dan and jan conversation! The pictures isn't too bad either! :) Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete