After work I decided to go by Target for a little retail therapy. Walking to the pets section, I noticed a little boy in the toy section all alone in the toys. Part of me thought, his mom's probally right around the corner, I shouldn't worry. Another and overwhelming party of me knew that the situation didn't feel right so I stopped. He was only about 3 and didn't respond to me when I talked to him in english or spanish so i'm assuming that he was really shy. I waited for a few minutes for his parents to show up, looking up and down the surrounding aisles with no luck. Several shoppers past me and the little boy so I asked if this was thier child, he was lost. ALL of them said no and kept on walking, totally unconcerned for his saftey. Gross.
Finally I went to the courtesy phone and called for help. Less than 30 seconds later a Target employee showed up. She took him by the hand and started to walk around the store looking for his parents. I went on my way and continued shopping when 5 min later there they were again, target employee and the little boy, no parents. I can't believe that they weren't looking for him by this time, 20 minutes had past already. If they had been looking they would have found the employee in the main aisles and if they would have asked the front they would have paged her. I hope they found his parents and they were having some kind of emergency that prevented them from looking for thier child. Thank goodness I trusted my instincts and stopped to help!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment